Jewelry Class Description
Introduction to Metalsmithing
6 week sessions meeting 3 hours per week
$335 + material fee: $60
This introductory class is for those with no previous experience.
Participants will have an opportunity to develop a wide range of fundamental jewelry-making skills that are essential for building a solid foundation and will be introduced to a wide variety of tools and techniques which include: safe practices for working in a jeweler’s studio, proper use of hand tools, soldering torches, flexshafts, hammers, polishing equipment, jeweler’s saw, files, pliers, doming blocks and more. You will learn how to cut, solder, saw, pierce, dome, texture, drill etc. to create 1-3 pieces in this 6 week session.
All students are encouraged to find their own voice in the creative process with instructor guidance as we don’t work off cookie cutter models.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend classes (some exceptions)
- For quality learning and teaching, our maximum class size is 6-7 students per session and up to 8 for workshops
- You may call for availability up to the day before the class start date
- Check back regularly to see changes and additions to the schedule
- 6-week session Metalsmithing classes meet once a week for 3 hours
- Boulder School of Metals provides the tools and supplies which are covered in the materials fee, this includes copper and brass. Silver and stones are sold separately. Advanced and specialty classes are subject to additional materials fees.