Jewelry Class Description
Level 2 classes are designed to help students further build and sharpen their foundation skills while learning how to problem solve in the process. Level 2 students are mixed skill level groups and will remain in a Level 2 class for several sessions. Level 1 students entering a Level 2 group for the first time will learn how to bezel and tube set stones in their first Level 2 session. As students progress, topics covered will vary and can include: hollow construction, chain making, spinner band rings, flushmount settings, prong setting, tab setting, keum-boo, design layout, more advanced soldering techniques, soldering gold, texturing metal, rivets and more.
With instructor guidance, all students will create pieces of their own design and can complete 1-3 projects in each 6 week session.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend classes (some exceptions)
- For quality learning and teaching, our maximum class size is 6-7 students per session and up to 8 for workshops
- You may call for availability up to the day before the class start date
- Check back regularly to see changes and additions to the schedule
- 6-week session Metalsmithing classes meet once a week for 3 hours
- Boulder School of Metals provides the tools and supplies which are covered in the materials fee, this includes copper and brass. Silver and stones are sold separately. Advanced and specialty classes are subject to additional materials fees.