Metalsmithing Class Level 3
6 week sessions meeting 3 hours per week
$335 + material fee: $75
For those with previous experience, this class builds further foundation skills. In addition to becoming more familiar with working in metal, you will learn how to lay out your designs, make bezels for stone setting, make jump rings for handmade chains, and more advanced training in soldering.
2021 Class Dates
January 7th – February 10th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
February 24th – April 7th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
(Closed March 24th for Spring Break)
April 14th – May 19th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
January 8th – February 11th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
February 25th – April 8th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
(Closed March 25th for Spring Break)
April 15th – May 20th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
January 8th – February 12th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
February 26th – April 9th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
(Closed March 26th for Spring Break)
April 16th – May 21st, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Level 3 classes are designed to further your progression in technique and design. With the practical and technical skills you have acquired, you will be encouraged to create and challenge yourself with more sophisticated self-directed projects. Our instructors will introduce more advanced stone setting and soldering skills through demos and will teach a variety of surface treatment techniques to further enhance your design ideas. We encourage more freedom of expression in these classes and will help you navigate the steps in creating more complex pieces.
With instructor guidance, all students will create pieces of their own design and can complete 1-3 projects in each 6 week session.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend classes (some exceptions)
- For quality learning and teaching, our maximum class size is 6-7 students per session and up to 8 for workshops
- You may call for availability up to the day before the class start date
- Check back regularly to see changes and additions to the schedule
- 6-week session Metalsmithing classes meet once a week for 3 hours
- Boulder School of Metals provides the tools and supplies which are covered in the materials fee, this includes copper and brass. Silver and stones are sold separately. Advanced and specialty classes are subject to additional materials fees.
Registration & Policies
- *Please see registration form for refund policies and cancelations
- Boulder School of Metals classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Payment in full is required before the class start date - you will not be confirmed for a class until full payment has been received.
- Boulder School of Metals accepts Cash (paid in person), Checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover
- In the event a check is returned by the bank due to insufficient funds, you will be charged a 35 service fee.
- Credit Card payments require and additional fee of 3.5% and is added to your total, see phone #’s below to call in.
- *There is no option to register on-line.
Please print registration form, fill out and mail in along with payment to:
- Boulder School of Metals, LLC
1634 N. 63rd St. Unit #5
Boulder CO 80301
- Boulder School of Metals, LLC
Credit Card payments call:
- You may also come to our location to pick up forms, register and have a look around (call ahead for available times or check our open drop in schedule to come during hours posted on that schedule).