Metalsmithing Class Level 2
6 week sessions meeting 3 hours per week
$375 + material fee: $85
For those with previous experience, this class builds further foundation skills. In addition to becoming more familiar with working in metal, you will learn how to lay out your designs, make bezels for stone setting, make jump rings for handmade chains, and more advanced training in soldering.
2023 Class Dates
January 9th – February 13th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Feb. 27th – April 10th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
(No class March 27th for Spring Break)
April 17th – May 22nd</span>
January 10th – February 14th, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Feb. 28th – April 11th, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
(No class March 28th for Spring Break)
April 18th – May 23rd, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
January 4th – February 8th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
February 22nd – April 5th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
(No class March 29th for Spring Break)
April 12th – May 17th, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Level 2 classes are designed to help students further build and sharpen their foundation skills while learning how to problem solve in the process. Level 2 students are mixed skill level groups and will remain in a Level 2 class for several sessions. Level 1 students entering a Level 2 group for the first time will learn how to bezel and tube set stones in their first Level 2 session. As students progress, topics covered will vary and can include: hollow construction, chain making, spinner band rings, flushmount settings, prong setting, tab setting, keum-boo, design layout, more advanced soldering techniques, soldering gold, texturing metal, rivets and more.
With instructor guidance, all students will create pieces of their own design and can complete 1-3 projects in each 6 week session.
- You must be 18 years or older to attend classes (some exceptions)
- For quality learning and teaching, our maximum class size is 6-7 students per session and up to 8 for workshops
- You may call for availability up to the day before the class start date
- Check back regularly to see changes and additions to the schedule
- 6-week session Metalsmithing classes meet once a week for 3 hours
- Boulder School of Metals provides the tools and supplies which are covered in the materials fee, this includes copper and brass. Silver and stones are sold separately. Advanced and specialty classes are subject to additional materials fees.
Registration & Policies
- *Please see registration form for refund policies and cancelations
- Boulder School of Metals classes are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Payment in full is required before the class start date - you will not be confirmed for a class until full payment has been received.
- Boulder School of Metals accepts Cash (paid in person), Checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover
- In the event a check is returned by the bank due to insufficient funds, you will be charged a 35 service fee.
- *There is no option to register on-line.
Please print registration form, fill out and mail in along with payment to:
- Boulder School of Metals, LLC
1634 N. 63rd St. Unit #5
Boulder CO 80301
- Boulder School of Metals, LLC
Credit Card payments call:
- You may also come to our location to pick up forms, register and have a look around (call ahead for available times or check our open drop in schedule to come during hours posted on that schedule).